Saturday, October 28, 2006

Pulse of the Neighborhood

The other day as I walked on the treadmill, I happened to look down at Lily, who was sitting looking rather mournfully at me. I realized that as long as the weather is nice I should be doing my exercising outside, and giving her exercise as well--thus, long walks through the neighborhood!


It is fun to see what is going on--and right now, there is a lot.


First, all the political yard signs. (Democrat ones outnumber Republican ones in our area--hey, I thought the affluent were always Republicans!)


Second, there are the sidewalks--some neatly edged, others with grass growing ever closer to meeting in the middle (must make it nice when shoveling snow--hardly any area to shovel!)

One thing I hate is when people have their lawns aerated and then the little dirt plugs are all over the sidewalk--they look like someone didn't clean up after their dog. Fortunately, in our neighborhood, people are pretty careful about their dogs.


Third, there are all the fall leaves. Oranges, gold, red, brown, and even still some green. With a recent frost, the leaves just tumbled off and carpeted the area around the tree. Fun to scuffle through!


















(The view from our back yard)









I love maple leaves with their vibrant color!

Soon to come--Halloween decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment