Thursday, October 26, 2006

It's baaack!



We have been thoroughly enjoying having green drink back on the menu these past few days! I missed it, but never knew how much until I took my first sips of a new batch. Wow! I love that stuff! Elizabeth and Alice have been drinking tall glasses of it as well--in multiples.

You know, having the recent "difficulties" in the spinach supply makes me think I should be more serious about planting my own. I could even plant it 2 or 3 times in succession, so I had fresh baby spinach all summer long. It seemed so sad that in August and September, the best harvest months for a summer garden, that I had NO spinach! I have been getting too dependent on the easy greens from the grocery store! Maybe this is a reason the prophet said we should be planting gardens... Not because food wouldn't be available, but because we couldn't depend on it (or it might actually make us sick?)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:52 AM

    Maybe I'll have to talk to you about planting spinach... my crop this year was not quite what I was expecting (and I forgot to plant it again).

    ReplyDelete