Tuesday, September 06, 2011

If I Only Lived Closer...

The chapel is located in a housing area originally built for Honeywell Corporation. 
 Individual 3-story houses.  Yards.  Space.
The yard for the house where we meet has been neglected.
Over the summer, most of the expats leave for home
and things kind of get left on their own.
What I wouldn't give for my own lawnmower, weed-whacker and some gardening tools!
Oh, and living closer would be nice.
And we just got word this morning that due to the typhoons over the past couple of weeks, our shipment is still out in the middle of the Pacific (hopefully still on the boat!),
and is due to arrive in port now on Sept 12.
But a friend just received their shipment this morning,
so I'm taking that as a good sign!
Meanwhile, every time I walk to the store, I
pick up a few more things to make life more comfortable.
Like some small rugs by the beds.  New plants to liven up the home.
Life is going well.

2 comments:

  1. catherine7:20 AM

    That yard has so much potential! I can see how you might get itchy fingers when you walk by every Sunday! (Well, I always felt that pulling weeds was good for my soul--maybe you could sneak a few after church! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's hoping your shipment comes soon! It is neat to hear about the branch and your surroundings. What an adventure!

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete