Thursday, September 15, 2011

Order! Order! Order!

Fall, 2009
I don't know what it is about fall that makes me want to declutter and organize, but for some reason I can be more ruthless right now in my decisions about what goes and what stays.

That faded, worn pillowcase set we've had since we were married? OUT!

And so on. Don't ask me to make these same kinds of decisions at other seasons of the year. That is when I turn into the hoarder... "but I might need these some day!" Or, "but they were given to me by one of my third graders back in 1976--I can't get rid of it!"

There you have proof that evolution is not true. If it were, I, like the squirrels and other animals, would prepare for winter by hoarding, not by taking sacks and sacks of things to Goodwill.

And oh, do my closets look nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment