Monday, October 08, 2007

A Bit of October

October!
Time to bring out the fall decorations, for my second favorite season, after Christmas. I love crisp mornings, warm afternoons, the earthy smell of leaves on the ground, the crunch as I walk through them. But maybe you noticed the green outside the windows. Fall is a little late arriving this year! Maybe that's because we've had a good amount of rain.
And a good amount of heat--86 degrees yesterday.
A couple of times in the past week, we've been warmer than Las Vegas!

Don't look too closely, as Alice still has wet hair from her shower. We were just out stretching our legs a bit before watching General Conference.

That reminds me of another reason I love October. I've always loved listening to the Conference. It is such a peaceful time. And this was no exception.
I prayed for Elder Wirthlin to be able to finish his talk; I thought Elder Holland's talk on the Trinity was one of the best explanations I'd heard; and I want to be known as a mother "who knows", and to have clean hands AND a pure heart.
Yes, General Conference was good.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:11 AM

    General Conference was very good... I had to refrain from nudging Aaron a few times during Elder Oaks talk about balance and priorities! We'd been talking about work/church/family time right before that session.

    The path looks really nice through the grass. I like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete