Thursday, October 25, 2007

Things we learned last weekend

We learned a few things on our trip last weekend...

...don't forget my overnight case. (A trip over the river and into Wisconsin, to a Walmart, and crisis solved!)

...don't build an all-wood cabin for our home in Idaho. (We had been thinking of doing that). There is NO insulation in the walls--they look beautiful but you can hear people talking in the other rooms even though doors are closed. I had plenty of time to ponder this as I lay awake far into the night. Some of the other guests were a group of women on a husband-less-antique-and-quilt-shopping weekend. They stayed up late talking yet that wasn't keeping me awake. It was the occasional bursts of cackling or exclamation that would come just as I was about to drop off. At that point, I wasn't sure I ever wanted to go to a bed & breakfast again.
If we had a home like that, with visiting grandchildren, if one cried in the night, everyone would hear it.

...take more weekend trips!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:05 PM

    I guess I would go for the log cabin look on the outside, drywall & insulation on the inside--you'd still get a nice cabin feel... and then those crying children can easily be ignored!

    ReplyDelete