Wednesday, October 31, 2007

So, it was my birthday...

After a leisurely-spent day, doing what I wanted to do rather than what I should do, we went to Black Hawk Park for a picnic. That's where the ward often has their 24th of July event. It was nice that daylight savings hadn't ended, so we still had a bit of sunshine. Still, it was chilly as the sun set. (But there were still mosquitoes out!) After Kentucky Fried Chicken, we went for a walk. There is actually a roadway here--we weren't walking on water, though the river was very high, with lots of overflow in low areas.
Back home, we indulged in my traditional orange cake, this time with chocolate drizzles. It was delicious!
And the maple tree in the back yard has finally turned colors--just in time for my birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment