Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Way We Look Today...

well, actually, the way we looked on Saturday night. The stake had a nice dance and it is a good thing pictures were taken early in the evening--before we were hot and sweaty from dancing a lot. By the time we went home, I had taken off the shoes and was going barefoot. After a summer of open-toed shoes and sandals, I'm not ready for "real" shoes. I almost feel the way I did as a child, when we went barefoot all summer long and Sundays were torture, because we had to put on shoes!
But as the recent frosty weather reminded us, shoes will soon be a necessity.

And, as I'm ruminating here, I suppose I ought to write about how much I love to dance. I am SO fortunate to have a husband willing to dance as well. We always get compliments on our dancing (and it's nothing special, believe me). I feel sorry for the women who would love to be out dancing, but their husbands refuse ("don't want to look foolish"). Dancing is such a romantic date with your loved one!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree about the shoes. I would love more than anything to be in chacos everyday all day, but when it's 45 degrees when I walk to school (I can still see the stars every morning...and I never thought I'd say that!) it makes sandals a little less appealing. Plus, it snowed for the first time last Saturday (it came before your birthday this year).

    ReplyDelete