Sunday, September 10, 2006

Hello it's Alice, the youngest in the family. I have been waiting to contribute to the blog. I am going to introduce myself . I'm 9 years old and I have 3 sisters and 2 brothers, but of course, you all know that!

I'm in 4th grade and have the strictest teacher in the school, Mr. Young, but he is still nice. I am running for school treasurer, along with about 30 other 4th graders. We have a first round of voting, with just 4th graders voting, to narrow the choices down to three. I have to give a speech tomorrow, and then we'll see!

I love to ride my bike--I ride almost everywhere. To school each day, and have even ridden to the library when Deborah was still home. She said it was a scary experience with me. Of course, I'm still learning about riding on the right side of the road and crossing the street when Deborah said to cross. (It was a busy street). I'm getting better!

Watch for my picture in a future posting!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:44 PM

    Alice, good luck in the school treasurer race. I'm sure your speech will be great. And that story about riding with Deborah is really entertaining! Maybe next time you visit you can bring your bike--and then ride up and down all the hills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:37 PM

    Hi Alice and Bailey family! I was one of Darcy's bridesmaids and I got the cutest picture of Alice with all the bridemaids at the reception. I just wanted to find out how the election went and let you know that I loved riding my bike when I was your age also. :-)

    Check out what some BYU students did on a sunny afternoon:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNNdY_cmx9M

    So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:26 PM

    Oh yeah, I remember doing that. That was really fun. Of course, before we learned to ride our bikes, we rode our Big Wheels down Mrs. Garrison's driveway, and then hit the brakes to see how long we could skid. That was even more fun. Until our Big Wheels broke, from having all the tires worn away. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to remember how many tires we had to send away for, from the Big Wheel company. It was a few! Or else we just looked around at garage sales.

    Last year, we found a tiny one for $1 and bought it for Connor. He rides down his driveway, but hasn't quite learned to leave skid marks yet. Soon, I'm sure that will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, he has Bailey AND Sullivan blood in him, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

    ~Justin

    ReplyDelete