Sunday, September 17, 2006

ALICE BAILEY:RUNNING FOR TREASURER

This week I ran for treasurer. All the fourth graders gathered in Mrs. Kingery's room (one of the 4th grade teachers). Then we gave our speeches, and as I was first on the ballot, I got to give my speech first. [That is what you get for having names that start with A and B]. After our speeches everyone voted and the top three got to go for the final run for treasurer.

I was really nervous before my speech! But I felt okay about it afterwards. Then the gym teacher, Mrs. Dickens, announced the three winners. I wasn't one of them. I felt sad, but I was also happy for Brooke because I liked her and she was one of the three. She is new in our school. I didn't even know her but I liked her speech, it was great! Alice B.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:31 PM

    I'm glad you felt good about your speech! I know it can be very disappointing when you don't win. Hopefully Brooke will turn out to be a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a good attitude, Alice. I'm proud of you for trying something, even if you were nervous, and even if it didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete