Monday, April 26, 2010

An Early Mother's Day Gift...

What I really wanted this year was a gazebo.
I've wanted one for years but wasn't sure about the type, or the place to set it.
This year,
it all came into focus.
I wanted a wrought iron one with a cover and mosquito netting.
And I wanted it on the deck--someplace close by and convenient,
with the added benefit of shading the dining area doors from the hot summer sun.
It seems like another room, just outside the back door.
It has plant shelves in the corners.
I can put out my tropical plants and they won't get sunburned leaves (like they usually get during the summer).
Already, it has been so fun to just sit out and read, or even just take a few moments to enjoy the backyard spring happenings.
I'm thrilled with my gazebo!

3 comments:

  1. ha ha. funny - my mother's day request is a composter. Not quite as pretty as your gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. catherine6:23 PM

    You picked out a very nice looking gazebo. It looks like it fits perfectly on the deck... and the plant shelves are so handy! I'm certainly envious of the mosquito netting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks perfect, Mom! Hopefully we'll be able to come sometime this year and enjoy it with you :)

    ReplyDelete