Monday, March 28, 2011

My Dilemma

When we returned from Texas a week ago, we drove through the night, and although I rested while Kevin drove, it is a kind of waking-sleep in which I still feel aware of my surroundings, yet some dreams are mixed in.  And I drove from 1 a.m to almost 6 a.m. So it was a very short night.

I thought I would rest up over the next few days--and then remembered I needed to fill in for the YW President at the early-morning Ward Council on Sunday morning.  And at that time, I found out I would be filling in for the early morning seminary teacher for 3 weeks while she dealt with a family emergency out of state.
 (I have been called as the substitute E.M. teacher).

Let me say here that my perfect day starts at 7:30 a.m. and ends at 11 pm.  I haven't had too many perfect days in my lifetime--at least as far as sleep goes--the family schedule just doesn't coincide.

I started the week with a sleep deficit, and kept adding to it as the week went along.  Up at 5:20 a.m., in bed around 10 pm.  
And here comes the point of my dilemma.
I can't nap--if I do, I lie awake for hours at night.
And I've found out that I can't sleep in on Saturday morning, because I ended up with a migraine.
It seems impossible to get to bed earlier.
Am I just doomed to be always tired???
(At least I can now feel sympathy for all the young mothers out there who are going through the same sleep deprivations!)

Now, I have felt very blessed in accomplishing the seminary assignment.
I have enjoyed the lessons, and the youth are great.
I enjoy the time together.
But once they leave at 7 a.m., I suddenly feel.... tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment