Monday, March 07, 2011

And the play is finally history...

With rehearsals until 6pm or later every school day, and set construction on Saturdays, having Elley in the school musical definitely impacted the family.  Rehearsals started right after Thanksgiving
and along about mid-January Elley was beginning to wonder if this was
all worth it.
The performances were this past weekend, and
YES!
It was worth it!

She had a great time.  Made lots of good friends. Felt the energy of an audience that laughed at the right places and enjoyed the performance.
And, now I know how to upload video.  I shot this with my little Canon camera, sitting halfway back in the auditorium, during dress rehearsal.  The real performance was much better. We sat on the first row in the balcony and had a much better view. Unfortunately, the better video is on the Sony video camera (with mini-tapes) and I couldn't figure out how to get it in the format for uploading.  Hopefully, I will though!
Although I could never make it through the original movie,
I found that the play was much more enjoyable--
the students could ham it up and
we really enjoyed the performance.
Way to go, Elley!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Elley! I loved being in plays when I was in school! Looks like fun! Can't wait to see the other video. :-)

    ReplyDelete