Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Meet My Friends...

Meet my friends--Pusher and Lifter. We've hung out together a lot lately.
Since we became friends with Pusher, Kevin and I have found that it is best to do the driveway with just a couple of inches of snow, even if it means doing it multiple times during a snowstorm like today's (and yesterday's). With Pusher, it is quick work going from side to side across the driveway. Then Lifter is used to tidy up and throw the piles of snow left by Pusher.
It makes for a pretty good workout!

I found myself yesterday longing for one of those winters when no snow fell--like the winter after we moved into our house and there was no lawn, just bare dirt. That would have been a good time to have it covered with snow, but no--we had dirt tracked into the house all season long.

Now, the snow is piled as high as it can be so that if you throw another shovel-full, it just rolls back down onto the place you were trying to clear. So I have to carry each shovel-full several paces to a new spot on the lawn.
Is it really only Feb. 9? This winter has lasted a looong time already.

4 comments:

  1. holy cow that snow is piled high! And we haven't had any for weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my snow! This puts things in perspective for me, thank you very much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. and Mom, I'm happy to see that you've taken to self-portraits as well. I love that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to to a self-portrait--no one was available to take the pic as the girls were still in bed--it was a snow day for school.

    ReplyDelete