Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Spring has sprung!

Our first crocus bloomed...
on March 21st! Now there will be some flower blooming somewhere in the yard until it freezes next fall. Already the daffodils are up and ready to open. And this year, the rabbits didn't eat the crocuses that Justin helped me plant just after his mission, out in the woods behind our house. It's fun seeing the bright purple out there.
Spring flirted with us for a week or two before making it official. Robins arrived, the snow melted, and the faintest green buds began appearing on the willow trees. Then March 21st came, and suddenly, the air was humid (goodbye dry winter skin!) and warm. We turned off the furnace.
Then, over the weekend, summer arrived!--(82 degrees on Sunday and Monday). I'm not looking forward to the heat, but I hope to get used to it early this year to be ready to visit Guam. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah, I remebered doing something out there after my mission, and I couldn't remember what it was. Well, now I know, and knowing is half the battle!

    ReplyDelete