Friday, March 12, 2010

Going, Going,... Gone?

Tuesday: I dug out the "Noel" sign that we hadn't seen since mid-December.Wednesday, the snow began to melt in earnest.
Twenty-four hours later, only the piles remain. (And all the area rivers are at flood stage.)

Another thing that is almost gone is all the debris from our big bang. I spent a couple of hours between rain storms on Tuesday getting all the pieces picked up out of our driveway and the street in front.
Most pieces were the PVC from the post--hard and sharp. As the snow banks started melting, more pieces became visible. I found a metal piece, such as the one by my fingers. The edges were so sharp I really had to be careful to even pick it up.
The detective was here yesterday, and took all my work.
I'm more than happy to say GOOD-BYE to the whole affair.
Next up, getting the repairs done.

1 comment: