Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Apparently, I'm not Kevin...

Well, the temp mailbox is now ready for use.
It only took me an hour at two different stores to find a white plastic box
--no more steel boxes for us!
Then it took me an hour to figure out how to make it stand up. It's pretty obvious this is NOT a job done by Kevin!
I tried a few different methods but this is how it ended.
It's not pretty, but at least my lashing skills learned at Girls Camp came in handy.
We'll see how well it works.
The police have arrested four young people, three of them 18 years old. They are charged with several offenses. I feel so sorry for them. I want to believe they were thinking it was just a prank and then didn't think about the consequences.
Unfortunately, in this case, the consequences are really serious.
The 18-year-olds are being held on $100,000 bonds. Currently, they are charged with state statutes, but the U.S. Post Office is considering federal charges.
I found out today that two more homes had damage, including a broken window, and debris has been found a block away. We were SO lucky our damage wasn't worse.
The policeman said again today when I talked with him,
"It was a REALLY dangerous bomb!"

2 comments:

  1. catherine8:39 AM

    Thank goodness they have been caught and charged, and won't be getting away with it! The amount of damage is amazing.

    Your makeshift mailbox looks great. I notice only one thing missing--the duct tape! They carry duct tape in all kinds of colors now, even white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duct tape! Now why didn't I think of that!
    I bought the replacement post today, same as before, so Kevin should be able to get it in before spring break.

    ReplyDelete