Thursday, January 07, 2010

Snow Day, Part II

After letting the girls sleep in an extra hour, we got started. They were as excited as I was to see how this would work out. Would the paint be too orange? As we started out, I had to hope it would darken at least a bit as it dried!
And it did. We all just LOVE the look. The carpet matches better. The furniture matches. And it looks so cozy and inviting. I took this with the flash, so the color isn't quite true. I still need to get the buttery-yellow paint for the 4th wall--the one with the sofa. I would have gone today, but there was a reason school was out--we have a ground blizzard going on and if no-visibility weren't bad enough, the roads are really slippery as well. with an occasional drift. So, after I get the paint, If that doesn't produce the effect we want, we still have a whole gallon of the terra cotta to experiment with!

2 comments:

  1. catherine5:10 PM

    Wow, what a difference! Looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that paint looks really good! It gives the room a much warmer feeling.

    ReplyDelete