Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Jack Frost has Come to Stay...

For three straight days we've had fog. It even caused a 2-hour delay in school this morning. I've seen hoar-frost on some mornings before, but it is usually gone by afternoon. This has had three days to grow and grow. We have spotlights shining up through the front trees, which look nice enough with bare branches in the winter, but with the frost, the effect is magical!
Since it is just a bit below freezing, wonderful crystals have formed on just about everything,
turning the world into a fairy wonderland!

The house really looks like a mountain cottage, since it is only in the mountains that I've seen such frostiness!

I've always wondered why people used to have their Christmas trees "flocked". It didn't seem natural to me, but now I understand.

3 comments:

  1. catherine9:09 PM

    absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've almost been expecting Mr. Tumnus to come clipping along out of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  3. totally beautiful! and the pictures are great Mom!

    ReplyDelete