Tuesday, March 13, 2012

When they say rose strawberry cheesecake...

Recently we went to Beijing, combining an educational trip to the pearl market with a
meeting for branch presidency members.
The Beijing branch meets in "The Golden Tower"--the name of the skyscraper--
and the branch meets on the 4th floor.  Of course, unless you know it is there
you will miss it, because there are no signs anywhere giving the name of the Church.
The other building occupants are various businesses. 
On the main level are shops and restaurants--and our favorite has to be Dairy Queen!  
Ice cream isn't common here.  You can find pint containers of Haagen Das for $15.
Or McDonald's has their McFlurry at about $1.50 (not a bad price!)
But not much in-between.
So we look forward to DQ.
While the men were in their meeting, Alice and I indulged.
 Alice went with the safe Oreo Blizzard.
I was more daring, going with the strawberry cheesecake Blizzard.
With the first surprised bite, I knew that I'd never tasted anything like it.
Alice took a taste and exclaimed, "it has roses in it!" 
I had thought when it said rose strawberry cheesecake that it meant a rosy color, 
after all their strawberry yogurt is white and this ice cream was pink.
Now I know that roses can be eaten as well as put in perfumes or
displayed in a bouquet!  
And I'd better believe their signs.



5 comments:

  1. WOW!!! Now that's different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, was it yummy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny! I remember having rose flavored gelato in Italy...to me it just tasted like grandma Beth's perfume :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. After the initial surprise, I ate the whole thing! I don't think I'd order it again, but it wasn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. catherine8:50 AM

    I've never cared for rose flavored food! Is it an acquired taste?

    ReplyDelete