Thursday, September 16, 2010

It's good to remember...

Over the past week or so, with autumn-llike weather arriving and a few leaves beginning to turn, my thoughts have moved more and more to this time last year when we received that unexpected phone call, and how much I miss my father-in-law.  And when I think about Don, my thoughts then move on to missing my own dad.
But it is good to spend a moment and remember some of the good times we had together.
Like the float trip on Warm River...
Or spending time with the great-grandchildren...
I especially love to remember the wondrous experiences he enjoyed relating.  How often would family scripture reading take a detour into one of Don's experiences in Mexico or South America?
Or just remembering him as the man of integrity that he was.  
And I wonder, what he is doing right now?

4 comments:

  1. catherine10:32 AM

    I think he's keeping quite busy! These are very nice photos to show some different sides of Grandpa. I especially like the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Rosemary, i just love that last picture of Gandpa. I hope you don't mind that I copied it. Reading your post made me think of that time too and how I wish I could have been there. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last picture is one Kevin took with his SLR camera about 8 years ago. I had thought the picture had been lost, but was so happy to find it recently. It is also my favorite picture of Don.

    ReplyDelete
  4. alice7:57 PM

    i love that last picture. i used to love those 2 hour long family scripture reading filled with grandpa's stories. he was a great man.

    ReplyDelete