Thursday, September 23, 2010

And a few random things...

I had one more picture of Don from last summer as he let Connor ride with him on the garden tractor.  I'm so glad I ran out to the orchard to get the picture.  I had no idea it would be the very last picture I took of Grandpa Bailey. I wish I had been able to get their faces.
And now, just some random things from the past couple of weeks. 
First, I mow a pathway for Elizabeth to walk the short-cut to school.  It helps cut down on the amount of dew soaking through her shoes on the way to school in the morning.
The missionaries also use it when they go to the rest home for service.
And for some reason, my eye is always drawn to photos or paintings of pathways.
I want to follow them and see where they go. 
Secondly, I needed to mail a book to Nicole Bailey in Orem and was digging through my stash of boxes when I came upon this gem.  On one side was Catherine's address in Utah (after her marriage) as she sent a package to Justin on his mission in France.
On the other side, Justin re-used the box to mail something to us.
And when I found that the book I needed to mail fit perfectly, the box got mailed back to Utah--after I took pictures for the memory.  The stories that box could tell in its world traveling!
I love the frugality of the Bailey family.  We're just "saving the earth's resources" (and our own pocketbook, of course.)
Then, thirdly, we got to repay another family's kindness (they took care of Lily last September when we went to Idaho for Grandpa's funeral), by taking care of their dog, Stormy.
I'm not sure what the mixture of breeds is, but there is definitely a dachsund in there somewhere.
She is a sweet-tempered dog, about the same size as Lily, and we were thoroughly enjoying her visit until about the 3rd day when we began to notice little black hairs floating around.  On our clothes.  On the sofa.  There was even one or two in the food!
And we remembered why we have a dog that does not shed!

1 comment:

  1. catherine1:45 PM

    I love the history of the mail package!

    ReplyDelete