Monday, September 10, 2007

Calling All Roofers!

The July 16 hail storm killed our roof. Mind you, the insurance adjuster said it was a very well constructed roof. And he said that without even knowing that we had done it ourselves. But, there were enough "hits" that all the shingles will need to be taken off and redone. Hence, I think it's time for Deborah, Justin and Ryan to come on home! Just think of all the fun we could have...
laying new shingles
and taking out our frustrations!
We have 6 months to get the work done. Anyone want to come for Thanksgiving??? We'd even pay you. Wasn't $5/hour the going rate back then? We'll top that! How about $6? (With no taxes taken out, of course). Think about it and get back to us as soon as you can!

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:56 AM

    I'm so glad I'm not included in the invitation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:05 AM

    But you and Aaron would ALWAYS be welcome to help out--or is the $6/hour pay too low?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the memories. Maybe this time the shingles won't stick together from the heat. $6 an hour is perfect. We'll be there next week to help out.

    Ryan and Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look at these pictures and I can literally smell the tar melting as we work. And for some reason, I'm still traumatized by red chalk lines. But hey, I haven't been detassling for a couple of years, so I think I'm running a little low on my "slave labor" quota, so count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:13 PM

    Dear older siblings,

    I miss you dearly. Please come on home. It would really meen a lot to me because if you don't I WILL BE COUNTED OLD ENOUGH TO DO THE ROOF AND WILL DIE!

    Your most loveing sister,
    alice bailey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:23 PM

    Alice, we wouldn't want to deprive you of the memorable life experiences that come with being a Bailey. "Our parents made us do this and we lived to tell about it!" should be our family motto...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous11:40 AM

    And just look at the kind of people you have all become! You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I haven't commented before. Awww, memories! I remember that was the longest week of my life, including anything from France (school or mission). Darcy said it looked like we were having fun from those pictures. I pointed out that the roof was almost completed, thus the exuberence and enthusiasm of the posings.

    ReplyDelete