Wednesday, January 10, 2007

About 50 years ago...
this pictures was taken. What a good looking family!

My first grade class at Lincoln Elementary School. I remember Mrs. Petersen as being really old. Now, she doesn't look so old at all. Can you find me?

I thought this was about in 3rd grade, but it must have been 1st grade, with Steve in the 5th grade and Kim in the 6th grade. We had to all be at the same school to have our picture taken together. All during my school years, it was the district's dress code that girls wear dresses. Even on cold winter days! And dresses were knee-length. So to keep our little legs from freezing, we often wore jeans under our dress while we walked to school, then removed them, much like wearing snow pants or bib overalls now. I don't think they had heard of "wind chill factor" then either, because we walked and had outdoor recess no matter how cold it got. I don't remember having any indoor recesses. Now, if the wind chill is below 0 degrees, they get to stay inside. Wimps!

No comments:

Post a Comment