Saturday, March 16, 2013

A Galilee Sunrise

I would imagine that watching the sun rise over the sea of Galilee looks about the same
now as it did when fishermen were bringing their ship to shore
and hearing a Man call from the shore
"Children, have ye any meat?...Cast the net on the right side of the ship, and ye shall find."


 Looking across to Decapolis, where the swine ran into the sea and were drowned.
***
I awoke quite early, and while Kevin went to get email downloaded in the lobby of the hotel, 
I couldn't resist seeing the dawn over the lake.
It was a brisk morning, and I half-ran to the quay, afraid the sun would peek over 
the opposite hills before I got to where I wanted to be.
What a glorious morning!
Why do I feel so renewed by such moments in nature?

No comments:

Post a Comment