Sunday, January 06, 2013

Just Catching Up!

It's been awhile since I was able to access my blog, so here's a quick catch-up!
In November, I was able to spend Thanksgiving with five special young ladies,
and their parents, in Colorado.
As it drew closer to time for the big dinner, the girls decided they wanted to dress
like pilgrims, and their mom whipped up some bonnets for them, to go with the dresses
she'd already made for Halloween.
It's always fun to watch genius at work.
 We also were able to enjoy the warmer Colorado sunshine.
After cold, smoggy China, having clear skies was a nice change.
 Meeting and getting to know the newest young lady was the biggest treat.
After all, she was the whole reason for the 15,000 mile round trip!
 We baked.  We went to a science museum.  We drew with chalk on the driveway. We read lots of books.
I got to have lunch at school with the kindergartner and the 1st grader.
I got to attend their group piano lessons and see their progress.
 And I got to see the tender help the girls gave to their new sister and their mom.
It was the longest visit I've ever made for newborn help--usually it's a few days to a week (max!) and I  was a bit anxious that this might be too much for a daughter-in-law to have to deal with.
But everything went wonderfully well--she's pretty tolerant!

No comments:

Post a Comment