Tuesday, December 20, 2011

It's a phone conspiracy...

Tuesday morning, 4 AM.  Soundly sleeping towards the 4:45 alarm for Kevin to get up and go exercise.  My alarm goes off at 5:30, but I'm usually just dosing after he gets up.

My phone is sitting on the desk, and a text comes in.  Chime!  I come up out of the fog of sleep--did my phone go off?  Then comes the reminder chime.  Yup.  it did, and it's just one of those Chinese ads that come and I can't even read.  That was the end of sleep for the morning.  Now the phone gets turned off at night!  Take that, China Unicom!

Wednesday morning, 1 AM.  The phone from the U.S. rings.  It's an unrecognizable area code, and a wrong number.  Okay, that's forgivable... sinking back into sleep when 10 minutes later it rings again.  Same person.  Now sleep is really gone.  I guess we'll just have to shut off the internet router when we go to bed.  I do not like ruining a night's sleep!  And two nights in a row has to be a conspiracy!


No comments:

Post a Comment