Tuesday, January 11, 2011

4 inches of snow...

Kevin and I were joking this morning, 
when he called from China, 
about his great ability to be out of town 
whenever we have a snow storm.  
He has been able to miss out on 
almost every snow-shovel opportunity.  
Since December was the second snowiest month 
on record, that's saying something.

Of course, I got to miss one of those storms as well 
(we were in San Antonio)
and the missionaries got to do all the shoveling.

This snow is very small, dry flakes.  
As I was cleaning off the deck,
I bumped one of the stair railings, 
and the snow just slid down and off the end. 
Snowman-making snow this isn't!  
It's a good thing we don't have mountains here to have 
to worry about avalanches.

Much to Elizabeth's dismay, school was not 
even delayed this morning.  
After all the days out last year, 
most of which were unnecessary, 
it seems that a higher standard is being applied 
as to when school is called off.  

Sounds good to me.

1 comment:

  1. catherine1:44 PM

    Wow, everyone seems to be getting snow today! I always liked the light fluffy stuff that seemed more like cold styrofoam than anything else.

    ReplyDelete