Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School

Since both girls are "returning" students at their respective schools, they didn't have to be at school until almost 11 a.m. yesterday.  New students reported at the normal time of 8 a.m.
With the later starting time, we had time for nice photos. This was yesterday,
and the next picture was only 5 years ago (2005).
It is a trite statement, I know, but how time flies!
Elley made an interesting statement last week after spending an hour at the high school during registration. She said it was almost shocking to be back with the "regular" clothing styles and vocabulary after spending a "church" summer with girls' camp, youth conference and EFY.  I just hope all those church things have helped her armor be strong enough.
***
It's interesting that they self-position always on the same side...
And they couldn't resist one self-portrait.  Notice Elley's ringlets--they are natural!
Comparing the 1st Day of School pictures makes me nostalgic and tender-hearted.  I am so grateful for my family!  And all the experiences we've had together.

1 comment:

  1. catherine9:56 AM

    I love the pictures! Alice, you're getting so tall! I hope the first day of school was great for everyone.(I'd just like to point out that I sure don't remember the returning student--11 am thing. Sounds nice.)

    ReplyDelete