Tuesday, July 06, 2010

A summer project...

A summer dilemma... how to keep the girls busy AND earning money?
Hire them for some major projects!
Elley has spent several hours already, scraping wallpaper, spackling holes,
spraying "orange peel" to add texture over the repaired spots,
and is now priming the walls and will paint later today. 
She found out that some of the wallpaper had completely
adhered to the wall, and did not want to come off.
It's been a great learning experience.
And this is the color we've chosen for the wall. 
It will be a nice update. 
And when it comes time to sell the house,
it will be easier to just repaint with a neutral color
instead of having to do the wallpaper removal as well.

2 comments:

  1. good idea! I'll be sure to store that one away for when my kids get old enough to do hard labor. hehe :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. catherine5:11 PM

    It looks great so far! I love change... and I would be helping with the painting if I could!

    ReplyDelete