Monday, February 25, 2008

What to Do When School is Out

So, with school out 2 days last week,
and it is snowing again this afternoon (3"-6" expected),
I'm about ready to order some home-schooling materials!
But we did use our time well last week. I purchased some fabric and Elizabeth cut out, sewed, and stuffed four pillows for our futon. I got to do the hand stitching after they were stuffed. I also sewed a ruffle for the futon to hide the genealogy boxes that are stored underneath.
We also did a lot of painting. I repainted all the white trim in the TV room, and painted this chest of drawers. We bought it at a garage sale several years ago, with the idea that it needed to be painted, and just had never gotten around to it. Now that room looks superb! I even had enough of the maroon floral fabric to make a slip cover for the office chair that is so comfortable to sit in, but it was BLACK.
We also touched up the paint in the room the missionaries will be moving into (on Thursday). The room is completely cleaned out and ready for them. We painted the half-wall going down the stairs. The kitchen counter has had lots of cans of paint on it this week.
The home is looking pretty good right now!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:36 PM

    I really like the wall color and you've made the futon look a lot more inviting. It looks good in there!

    ReplyDelete