Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The Oven is healed!

Over the past six months my oven has not worked well. It would heat up, just not anywhere near the temperature I had it set at. Usually, resetting it a few times would finally trick it into fully heating up. Annoying, but workable.

This past week, it could not longer be tricked. Fortunately, that coincided with the "motherboard" arriving that Kevin had ordered. When we had talked with the service people, they said it could be two different problems--one part was $30, the other $135 (plus service call fees). Of course it was the higher priced part. But Kevin installed it yesterday in about 10 minutes and I baked pizza in it 10 minutes later (at 425 degrees!). So, no service call fees!

Yippee! I hadn't realized how much I was altering what I planned to cook, to avoid using the oven because it wasn't reliable. No longer!

Thanks Kevin for all your mechanical skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment