Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A funny thing happened on the way to Wal-Mart...

A couple of weeks ago, the girls and I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart after school. We had a busy schedule, and it was also bitterly cold with a nasty wind, so we were hurrying out to the car. I turned my head to look at Elizabeth and Alice to see what they were bickering about, and

WHAM! I walked right into a post. (The one pictured here isn't the same one, but is identical, except there was no car parked there. )

I saw stars. I had to set my two gallons of milk down before my knees buckled. A couple of deep breaths later I was able to walk to the car, but I had a nasty bump on my forehead--at least it was on the SIDE of my forehead. I still had to sit for a few minutes before being able to drive home.

The tender spot has finally gone away. And I had to wait a couple of weeks to be able to see the humor in it. Or be able to tell about it.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, Mom, I've done that before. Except it was a telephone pole. And I didn't hit it quite so hard.

    ReplyDelete