Thursday, November 16, 2006

Whew! It's Finished!

Yesterday was the deadline. I couldn't find the box of miniature candycanes in our Christmas stuff--another trip to Walmart (but I did it at the end of visiting teaching so it was "on the way"). Another batch of frosting (3rd or 4th--I lost count).
















I decided to go ahead and put the two parts together and finish with all the decorations. Good decision--it turned out well.
















Then Kevin held it in his lap as I drove (gently!) to the Music hall where everything is displayed.

I also waited until near the end of the time to submit them--I wanted the competition to already be displayed so I could see them.

















There were some pretty cute and imaginative displays!
Lots of good ideas if I ever feel the need to do this again. Who knows?!?

















There were TWO gingerbread trains, with gingersnap cookies for the wheels. And here I was "locked" into thinking they wanted gingerbread houses!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:40 PM

    I'm going to have to say that I think your cake held its own against the competition--I especially liked the trains. That would be a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:22 AM

    I think your house looks really good. It shows more structual integrity than the other houses. Did you end of putting the cardboard partitions inside to strengthen the first floor? But it does look very 18th century - European. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:04 PM

    congratulations on not going halfway....it looks like my dream house!

    ReplyDelete