Wednesday, January 29, 2014

New year

January 12:  About finished with jet lag (I've read it takes the same number of days to recover as the number of hours out-of-sync) so when we travel to the US, and are 15 hours out of sync, it takes 15 days to recover.  Which happens to be longer than we actually stayed.  Then we fly home and the readjustment starts all over again!

Christmas decorations are all put away for another year (except the two that Kevin had to glue because they fell on the tile floor, and are mementos--they look almost as good as new).

Wow, the month is nearly halfway completed!  I think time goes faster on this side of the world. Our two and a half years here have flown by.  When I compare it to the three years we lived in France, those French years crept by and seemed to even stall--especially that first year (culture shock AND pregnancy all combined!).

And I really need to be more consistent with blogging.  I just sat down at the computer (no food needs to be prepared for at least another hour and I'm totally free from any commitments), turned on the VPN to circumvent the Great Firewall of China, opened up Blogger, and then realized I haven't downloaded any of the picture from Christmas.  Sorry!  No pictures to share this time!  That's been the story of my life the past several months.  If I have time, the VPN doesn't work.  Or the pictures aren't ready.  And then I get distracted by Facebook or something (if the VPN is working), and another month goes by without anything posted.  


No comments:

Post a Comment