Tuesday, September 04, 2012

And Almost at the End...

I know.  I'm slow getting things posted.  Sometimes it's an internet problem.  Some times I just forget that I'm not finished. 
In America, we got to celebrate Nathan's first birthday.
 I love 1-year-olds.  They haven't figured out that they are the reason for the party.
 But a cupcake is about the perfect amount of sugary goodness.
 We also gathered with several of my siblings (and their families), at 
a 24th of July celebration (commemorating the day the Mormon pioneers first entered the Salt Lake Valley in 1847), complete with fried chicken and a blue grass band.  
 That music makes little feet happy!

 Then it came time to leave Alice at BYU-Idaho for her week-long "Especially for Youth" camp.
It was good it was a fun thing to look forward to, since she also had to say goodbye
to her sister (until Christmas).  And thus commenced her being an only-child at home
as Ellie went to Colorado to finish out the summer.
 I just love the crazy things you randomly find in the West!  

 This spot on the Hoback River is one of my favorite places on earth.  Peaceful. 
Cool, shallow water for wading.  Pine tree smell on the breeze.  Why did we not go camping???
At least we waded for a few minutes, then my wet chacos kept my feet cool 
for the next hour's drive on our way to Colorado.
Four granddaughters and a dad, with the daily bedtime story ritual.
Yup!  It was nice being able to stay six weeks in the U.S.

No comments:

Post a Comment