Thursday, August 23, 2012

More memories....

I love flowers.  Have I ever mentioned that before?
And when I see something particularly beautiful, I really cannot resist a photo.
(I'll spare you the 5 others of the same pot of pansies.)  
 But as much as I love flowers, my most favorite things have a variety of heights,
abilities, shapes,
  and attitudes! 
 All of them love Grandpa's "airplane" rides, though the older ones are now too
big for Grandpa to swing around.  
 It's so fun to spend a week or two together--getting to see what Nellie's hair
looks like first thing in the morning,
and how genial she is as she rubs her 2-year-old eyes in waking up.
After six months of skyping and telephoning, it is still eye-opening to see family dynamics in person.  
Now I know what a certain mom means when she mentions
a certain child and the challenges or joys accompanying that child.  I can understand and empathize.
And if they want advice, I mostly just say, "I'm glad you're the one raising them.  You'll do fine."
(At least that's what I plan on saying.  I'm sure at times I have offered more advice than was wanted.)
***  
And it's not just the grandkids who fill my heart... 
Twins--only born 13 years apart.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE looking at all these pictures and reading about your adventures and time together. I miss the Bailey Family!

    -Amy (Fagersten) Marshall

    ReplyDelete