Monday, July 30, 2012

More U.S. Memories: Grandchildren!

We were so happy to meet our new grandson Collin.  Being born almost 2 weeks overdue, he
seemed more like a month-old baby than a newborn.  I sat with him on my lap as he gazed into
my eyes and I just chatted with him--I went on and on telling him about the family
he's been born into, and so on--lots of nonsense, just something to be saying,
 for at least 20 minutes, and he never fussed.
His eyes would turn to follow movement (I tried moving my head from side to side and he followed
me).  If someone else walked by, he'd turn his head to follow them, then come back to looking at me.
This kid is alert!
 And fun to hold!
Grandkids came from Texas, Colorado and New York, so it was a big party.
 We celebrated Nellie's 2nd birthday,
and Nathan's 1st.
Such good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment