Thursday, May 20, 2010

Early May Happenings

Recently, Elley had this artwork displayed at the high school. 
She is in the beginning drawing art class.
Then, last Friday evening we were gathered in the living room for scripture reading when we noticed, out the window, that someone was using our fence as a backdrop.  It was our neighbor, Hunter, and his date for the 9th grade dance.
.
I'm glad others appreciate our work!
On Monday this week, I went to the Amana colonies with some friends.
It's always fun to see the antiques, the quilt shops and the fudge store.  There are tons of things to tempt you to buy!  When I look at that stuff, I think that it looks nice--for someone else.  I don't want more "stuff".
  So, what did I come home with?
Some Haribo candy and two purple african daisies (one is a taller than the other).
Now they are already planted in the triangle garden--the shorter daisy in front of the birdbath and the taller one behind.  They will look great with the pink speedwell!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:48 AM

    Elley did a great job on her piece. It looks great! I can see why it was on display! Mom, your gardens look really good. I like the purple/blue collection in the triangle garden (of what I can see! more pictures!).

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete