Sunday, July 26, 2009

Lillies and more

For Mother's Day 2008, Catherine sent me some lilly bulbs. I planted them. They started growing. The rabbits promptly ate them.
For 2009, I put cages around the sprouts--no rabbits this time!
The lillies bloomed.
The bigger, peach-colored bloom was fragrant as well.
When we put in the fence in 2007, I had purchased 3 day lillies at a garden shop (Stein's) while visiting Catherine in West Bend. I planted them; they started growing last year and the rabbits promptly ate them all off.
2009--better protection, and this is my reward!
It has been so exciting to see the colors, because I had forgotten what I had purchased.

The yellow and the peach ones have ruffly edges.I can already envision these spreading and being able to split them and plant some in other parts of the yard.
As long as I can keep the rabbits at bay.

And one bonus--my tall phlox is doing well this year.
One of my favorite flowers!





1 comment:

  1. catherine3:10 PM

    The flowers are beautiful! I don't think I've ever seen a peach double flowered daylily--that's very cool! I'm glad the lilies are working out this year...

    ReplyDelete