Monday, June 16, 2008

The clouds haven't been all bad...

Not everything related to the weather has been bad.
We've had some amazing clouds this spring--and this view is unusual simply because the sky is so blue! Usually it is hazy with humidity. We are experiencing a bumper crop of strawberries! We picked these this morning, and it is about 8 times what we've ever had before in a single picking. Now we can make jam! Before it was just a handful that was eaten before it ever made it to the kitchen.
This is the iris that I thought Catherine gave me. She says that she doesn't have one like this. Where ever it came from, it is one of my favorites! And if you notice, there is even a stripe of yellow on the petal that should be all gold.
And the sweet william seed that Grandma Mildred Bailey gave me last summer is now blooming--reds, purples, pinks.
I love walking through the yard several times a day just to see all the beautiful things. And I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for all these things, for they truly do please the eye and gladden the heart.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:45 PM

    Beautiful! I love the strawberries! And I don't have an iris like that--mine is gold on top, white on the bottom with a gold border, and the tongue is a dark gold that turns into purple. I don't know where you got that one!

    ReplyDelete