Friday, May 30, 2008

Lest you think all we have is devastation...

Memorial Day--I love hanging the flag! Our ward had a breakfast at Black Hawk Park, with a "retirement of the flag" ceremony (old, ragged flags are burned by the Boy Scouts). The flag always brings a lump in my throat. We took care of Yuki over the long weekend, and Lily loved having a play companion.
My window boxes are coming along!
As are the pansies on the front porch,
and the "volunteer" columbines. Some are pure white now.
I'm doing most of my flower colors in the primary palette--red, yellow and blue. Every once in awhile, there are some pinks, just to keep things from getting monotonous.


2 comments:

  1. Mom, your flowers are so pretty. They always bring a smile to my face. Not to mention that I now have all this knowledge about flowers, that has even impressed Darcy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:31 PM

    I love the blue in the window boxes--it stands out so well from a distance and looks really nice with the dark shutters. Beautiful! The yard looks so pretty. I think we have the same variety of weigela, but ours is not yet blooming...

    ReplyDelete