Monday, April 28, 2008

Maybe Spring is here

Although it is 41 degrees outside and is supposed to get really cold tonight with a hard freeze, today the flowers look nice. Every time I look at the fence I am glad we put it in. (And I'm glad for the extra push from Catherine to get us going on the project!)
I've put a styrofoam rose cone over the bleeding heart bush to protect it, but the other spring flowers are just going to have to fend for themselves. If I put a tarp or blanket over them to protect from the frost, they will break off.
This cold year just doesn't want to let go.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 PM

    Here's hoping it won't freeze again until fall, but I was thinking if you needed to try covering them, could you use upside down pots or buckets as spacers to keep the sheet above the flowers? would that keep the flowers warm enough (is it just about keeping the dew off?)...

    ReplyDelete